Search This Blog

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thankful #Thanksgiving

Thankful #Thanksgiving



Turkey Pardoning Circa 2009 Courtesy of The White House






Yay for short posts. Still trying to rock out National Blog Posting Month (#NaBloPoMo) I give you on this beautiful (or horrifically bad-weathered; whichever you're getting) Thanksgiving day, my list of things I am thankful for.

I am thankful for the fact that I have the ability to read, write, do maths, and other cool stuff that unfortunately some poeple don't even get to learn let alone can do well. The fact that some people want to be able to do these things, expand their horizons, that children can't get a proper education according to their own societal standards (hey, some indigenous peoples don't need to be forced into brick and mortar schools) is quite often disheartening to me. Hopefully we'll find a way to remedy this situation.

I am thankful for the country I live in. I am a huge patriot and I love America, I really do. For all of our faults, pimples and beauty marks, we still manage to be the greatest country in the world to me. And as we find ways to push into the future, I believe we will find ways to keep this country as great as it can be, if not making it better.

Picture courtesy of TMZ and whoever made these truly ridiculous ugly sweaters. 

I am thankful for the few twitter followers, blog subscribers, Goodreads comments and novel readers that have dared read my work in some form or fashion. You guys make me wanna dance "Hotline Bling"-style. Hey, I might not have many fans, but the ones I do have make my time spent creatively plowing away all the more meaningful. Keep up the plus one'ing, commenting, rating, reviewing and novel reading. And always pass on the word if you like something I've done.

I am thankful for my TV and to a much larger extent, the creativity of the other innumerable members in this global community. The writers of both novels and films as well as articles and blog posts that push me to laugh, think and try to be better at my craft. The people filling the film and television industry that suck me into their imagination on a daily basis, spitting me back out with ideas of my own. And especially to the music industry that inspires me from country to rap to classical to soundtracks and beyond. Each day you find a thousand ways to speak to me and I continue to find ways to listen. And hey, this blog wouldn't exist without you.

I am thankful for my ability to grow and prepare my own food. Though it may not seem that important to some when much of the world can quickly run out to the store and buy stuff, it makes a huge difference to me to be able to say I've grown my own meals before even if it is only in the summer for a short time. At least I have a useful skill when the zombie or some other apocalypse comes around.

And finally I am thankful for my family as always. Like any other blood relatives, they can grind your nerves, but they're there when you need them. And, you know, love is totally that thing, you know. Like, that thing, so... yeah.

As we all gather and sit down for a meal at Thanksgiving, remember that there is always something to be thankful for in this sometimes dreary life. Find it, keep it, and stay positive. Oh, and be safe out there people.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment